5 Ways to Make Your Used Car Look New
Even though buying used cars
make good economic sense, they don't always look as new as perhaps you'd like. And although dealerships generally detail used vehicles and make the mechanical repairs necessary for them to run like new, sometimes you have to take it upon yourself to make your car look new. Here are 5 things you can do to give your used car a whole new look:
- Replace the floor mats with new carpet or rubber mats that were designed specifically for your make and model.
- If the nose of the hood is dinged from gravel, or your truck bed is scraped and scratched from normal wear and tear, cover them. Custom-fit car bras and bed liners can hide a myriad of superficial problems.
- Restore your headlight covers. With an inexpensive headlight restoration or de-hazing kit, you can not only make your car look new again, but you can make it easier for others to see you on the road.
- If your rims aren't sleek and stylish or your hubcaps have seen better days, splurge on a new set and give your car a fresh, updated look.
- Even on well-cared for cars, the seats often bear an abundance of abuse. So, if the seats in your used vehicle aren't entirely stain free, cover them with seat covers that were designed for your vehicle.